VN - Ren'Py - Ace of Affection [v0.1] [S1ck]

1. 4.00 star(s)

DirectXD1943

Review for [v0.1]
    Eh, the game is alright for the time being, but I'm not especially confident in the project from what I've seen. Hopefully it ends up being a worthwhile product, but generally AVNs with a start of this quality end up getting far more convoluted and unnecessary later on.

The game clearly takes inspiration from another popular AVN with the acronym KG (which I will not name in fear of that counting as promotion and breaking the rules), so immediately it's set itself up for comparisons. Perhaps it's simply due to the far longer development time that KG had, but I felt that I had far more interest in that project from the get-go compared to AoA. Here, you're set up as a contestant in a vague reality television show where there are four queens looking for "love", and 28 contestants vying for their affection.

The big issue for me is that I barely understand what's going on and how anything works. Don't get me wrong, I understand what they're SAYING is going on, but how any of it is supposed to work is dumbfounding. The chosen host of the show sets out that you have to win all of the challenges set out by the Queens and VIPs to get the chance of winning. How winning actually works is deliberately vague, but the bigger thing for me is that we have 40 challenges with 28 candidates. This gives the impression that a lot of them will eventually be done solo, seeing as how by the end of 0.1 we know that at least 7 challenges are completed and 16 candidates remain.

The big thing for me is that it doesn't really feel like we're getting any decent world-building. It feels as if we're expected to be comfortable with the setting because of the expectation that we've already tried KG. Why are they competing? What incentive is there for them? How are people allowed to be killed legally and have those deaths broadcasted? What gain is there for ANYONE in this situation? KG spent time emphasising the system they use and why people participate in that system (for as long-winded as it has become), but AoA just kinda drops you in and you have to deal with it. I mean they even decide to call the boat they're on "Queensland", which I know is literally a state in the country of Australia, so the fact they didn't even establish LOCATION well enough is just insane to me. Like at the very least use a literal ship designation on the front to indicate to us. Or just use a queen's name like Mary or Elizabeth, you callede A SHIP "Queen's land", yk a thing that IS FAMOUSLY NOT LAND.

Visually it's serviceable. Not great, not bad. I'm sure with time the creator will improve, but they seem to do prett well with things like posing, framing and lighting, so the visuals now are very likely the worst they'll be now.

TL;DR low 4 or 7/10. Hopefully it improves and doesn't continue on the track I predict it will.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

slaveatif

This is excellent game. Renders are beautiful . Flow of the game is impressive. I love this femdom environment and searching for more games like it. Content is short . I will give the author 8/10 for this beautiful game.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

OnlyTheBest8

I'm glad I found this game. The previous games from this developer were written in RPGM which is kind of a turnoff for me (maybe I'll give them a try now). The game and models are well made and you can definitely see the inspiration from Karlsson's Gambit. The females are kind of cruel and dominant as of v0.1 so I'm wondering how the dominant & good path plays out for the MC. The backstory is a bit vague and you are getting thrown in right into the action which I find a bit weird and I would prefer a bit more world building. All in all I can recommend it if you like femdom
  4. 4.00 star(s)

mabe75

Here is my impression of the first version (0.1)

The game looks promising. It was mentioned in the comments that Karlsson's Gambit was the inspiration. You can clearly see that.

I like the graphics, but if I could ask for one thing, it would be that the queens don't all look so perfect.

Another point of criticism, if I may, is that in Karlsson's Gambit the "subs" were forced to obey by collars. Here, "normal" men suddenly become submissive. That doesn't seem realistic to me. Where is the fight? Where is the surrender?

Apart from that, this game has a lot of potential and you can tell that the creator has put a lot of love into the first version. It's definitely a game I'll be keeping an eye on, and I'm looking forward to the sequel. I like the cruelty of the ladies and the scenes are really outstanding, I haven't seen it like this in any other game.

I have awarded 4 stars here.

5 Stars
    - 0.5 stars for too perfect women
    - 0.5 stars for the sudden submissiveness of the men

Keep up your good work!