Tool Translator++ 4.9.28 Standard Version / Developer Version

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

kukuru97

May 31, 2019
Can someone help me with Translator++ using GPT4ALL?

I tried using the GPT4ALL plugin for translation, but I switched to LM Studio because there's a significant difference in performance between the two chatbots.

However, the translation results from LM Studio aren't great. Sometimes, it gives incomplete results, weird translations, and struggles to process code or symbols.

The initial translation is from Google Translate, while the machine translation is from LM Studio.

1725894916985.png
1725894926567.png
1725895746310.png
1725895234819.png

Last edited:

Xanax1488

Feb 13, 2021
Can not fetch translation with error
Error: Failed to fetch translation. Network Error
Invalid number of translation returned. Expected 1, but 0 were generated!

Gpt4
TransEz
Littlellm

twodtl

Feb 4, 2021
I'm having a problem with "Life With a Flirty Step-Sister", RPGMZ. Some of the translated text doesn't show up in the game - an item's name (in the store) translates with no problem and shows the translated strings (russian), but the description of said item, for example Pink Milk, doesn't change and shows original strings (english).
Checked .json files with Notepad++, tried SLR Translator - translated strings are there. Guess it's the game's problem?

Entai2965

Jan 12, 2020
Checked .json files with Notepad++, tried SLR Translator - translated strings are there. Guess it's the game's problem?
Report this as a bug in the SLR Translator thread. Be sure to include your save data and, if you have it, a link to the game.

Edit: Wait, the game is already in English. What language are you trying to translate it into and which version are you using to translate it from? It looks like there is a Russian translation, so you can check to see how they did it for some hints.

Last edited:
Reactions: twodtl

Karabas Barabas

Jan 27, 2024
I'm having a problem with "Life With a Flirty Step-Sister", RPGMZ. Some of the translated text doesn't show up in the game - an item's name (in the store) translates with no problem and shows the translated strings (russian), but the description of said item, for example Pink Milk, doesn't change and shows original strings (english).
Are you sure you translated the right line? It's possible you missed one of the lines. One of the lines describing "Pink milk" is in "Items.json," and the other is in "CommonEvents.json."

Ты уверен, что перевел нужную строку? Возможно, ты пропустил одну из строк. Одна из строчек, описывающих "Pink milk", находится в "Items.json", а другая в "CommonEvents.json".

Reactions: twodtl

twodtl

Feb 4, 2021
Report this as a bug in the SLR Translator thread. Be sure to include your save data and, if you have it, a link to the game.

Edit: Wait, the game is already in English. What language are you trying to translate it into and which version are you using to translate it from? It looks like there is a Russian translation, so you can check to see how they did it for some hints.
Yeah, I've seen that game is already translated, but still wanted to do it myself, just as a test project. Already contacted the translator in his thread, and he even responded to me here.

Are you sure you translated the right line? It's possible you missed one of the lines. One of the lines describing "Pink milk" is in "Items.json," and the other is in "CommonEvents.json."

Ты уверен, что перевел нужную строку? Возможно, ты пропустил одну из строк. Одна из строчек, описывающих "Pink milk", находится в "Items.json", а другая в "CommonEvents.json".
Yeah, I'm sure that I translated everything. (Was talking about "Items.json")
*Actually, I think my Translator++ bugged yesterday. I didn't have all the lines in "CommonEvents.json", and I guess that was the issue. Today, after your and Entai2965's message, I tried again with machine translation, did "CommonEvents.json" and it worked.

Fixed: Translation appeared after I restarted my PC :WaitWhat:

Last edited:

Alex(GoD)

May 1, 2022
Is it possible to somehow automatically remove line breaks and paragraphs of text in Translator++, so that it would be like this:

View attachment 4041965
Use such a script in translator++

if (this.tags.includes("green")) {
this.cells[1] = this.cells[0].replace(/\n/g, " ");
}

But first you need to mark all the necessary lines with a green Tag.
Here's a quick guide:
1) Open your project in Translator++:
Open your project and press Ctrl+V in the main window.

2) Choose "Context":
In the top right corner, where it says "Target", choose "Context".

3) Find "/message/" and tag it:
In the search bar, type "/message/" and press Enter. (This might take a while).
Click "Select all". Then, right-click on any of the found entries.
Choose "With selection" and then "Set Green Tag".

4) Repeat the tagging process for "/Show Choices/":
Similarly, find "/Show Choices/" and set them all to "Set Green Tag".

Note: This usually covers about 95% of the game's text, excluding things like character names, items, skills, menu options, and strings within plugins.

At this point, everything that needs translation is marked with a green tag. You can move all these green lines into a separate column.

5) Select the relevant files:
Left-click the checkbox next to Map001 and then Shift+Left-click the last checkbox MapXXX to select all the necessary map files. Also, check the box for CommonEvents (and rarely, Troopers might contain translatable strings).

6) Create an automation script:
Right-click on any selected file on the left. Choose "With X selected" -> "Create Automation" -> "For each row".

7) Paste and run the following script: (this is to simply transfer all green ones)

this.cells[1] = this.cells[0];
}

8) And this script will transfer everything from the 2nd column into 1 line in the 3rd column:

this.cells[2] = this.cells[1].replace(/\n/g, " ");
}

As a result, you will have 3 columns
eng=eng(only needed)=eng in 1 line.
You can of course immediately fuck it up

}

So that it was only eng=eng(only needed) in 1 line.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Alex(GoD)

May 1, 2022
Привет) ТГ не использую. Дискорт второй день не открывается.
I already downloaded the game myself and checked.
I've already described everything, it should work.
Fucking hell there's a lot of text, and the game's description is interesting, are you going to do the Russian translation?

Last edited:

Dark Pixel

Nov 28, 2022
Я уже сам скачал игру и проверил.
Я уже все расписал, должно сработать.
Капец там текста, и описание у игры интересное, ты на русский перевод будешь делать?
Да. Попробую)
Автор обновления выпускает два раза в месяц.
Очень жестоко внедрять старый перевод в обновления.
Когда 1 файл 7000+ строк.

Alex(GoD)

May 1, 2022
Очень жестоко внедрять старый перевод в обновления.
And how do you transfer it?
Well, you have 900 map files. an update came, 50 map files were updated there.
Do you recreate the project from scratch on the new version of the game and manually transfer it or what?

Last edited:

DakotaHilton

May 13, 2017
Does anyone know how to fix this? I had to format my PC and after that the translator stopped working. Sin título.png When I try to translate an RPG Maker game, I get this error that says This application could not be started correctly.

Dark Pixel

Nov 28, 2022
Use such a script in translator++

}

But first you need to mark all the necessary lines with a green Tag.
Here's a quick guide:
1) Open your project in Translator++:
Open your project and press Ctrl+V in the main window.

2) Choose "Context":
In the top right corner, where it says "Target", choose "Context".

3) Find "/message/" and tag it:
In the search bar, type "/message/" and press Enter. (This might take a while).
Click "Select all". Then, right-click on any of the found entries.
Choose "With selection" and then "Set Green Tag".

4) Repeat the tagging process for "/Show Choices/":
Similarly, find "/Show Choices/" and set them all to "Set Green Tag".

Note: This usually covers about 95% of the game's text, excluding things like character names, items, skills, menu options, and strings within plugins.

At this point, everything that needs translation is marked with a green tag. You can move all these green lines into a separate column.

5) Select the relevant files:
Left-click the checkbox next to Map001 and then Shift+Left-click the last checkbox MapXXX to select all the necessary map files. Also, check the box for CommonEvents (and rarely, Troopers might contain translatable strings).

6) Create an automation script:
Right-click on any selected file on the left. Choose "With X selected" -> "Create Automation" -> "For each row".

7) Paste and run the following script: (this is to simply transfer all green ones)

this.cells[1] = this.cells[0];
}

8) And this script will transfer everything from the 2nd column into 1 line in the 3rd column:

this.cells[2] = this.cells[1].replace(/\n/g, " ");
}

As a result, you will have 3 columns
eng=eng(only needed)=eng in 1 line.
You can of course immediately fuck it up

}

So that it was only eng=eng(only needed) in 1 line.

Спасибо за информацию. Думаю это работает. Вырубил процесс через (дз) на шаге *установки тегов для "/Show Choices/":*
Видимо мой пк слаб для обработки такой игры.

Dark Pixel

Nov 28, 2022
Does anyone know how to fix this? I had to format my PC and after that the translator stopped working. View attachment 4052809 When I try to translate an RPG Maker game, I get this error that says This application could not be started correctly.
Try to temporarily delete or move the file (config) from the Translator++\data folder to the desktop. When starting Translator++, the file (config) will be created anew, without the old prescribed paths.

It won't help... Return the file back.

Alex(GoD)

May 1, 2022
Спасибо за информацию. Думаю это работает. Вырубил процесс через (дз) на шаге *установки тегов для "/Show Choices/":*
Видимо мой пк слаб для обработки такой игры.
Я могу тебе кинуть готовый файл, если надо.

DakotaHilton

May 13, 2017
Try to temporarily delete or move the file (config) from the Translator++\data folder to the desktop. When starting Translator++, the file (config) will be created anew, without the old prescribed paths.

It won't help... Return the file back.
Thank you very much for the help, but unfortunately it did not work and I continued with the same error.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote